Coronavirus business support grants
Latest update - Restart Grants
- Restart Grants support high street businesses, with grants worth up to £6,000 for non-essential retail businesses, and up to £18,000 for hospitality businesses such as personal care, pubs, leisure and hotels. As with previous grants, the amount a business can be awarded will depend on its rateable value.
- The new scheme is similar to the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG). However, there are some differences in the eligibility criteria, and businesses that have been successfully awarded a LRSG in the past will have to provide some further information for a Restart Grant, as some of the evidence that the council needs to collect has changed.
- We have paid out more than £11m in Restart Grants to 1,520 businesses, making more than £156m paid so far to Wiltshire businesses during the pandemic.
- To see if you are eligible for a Restart Grant, please see our
- To ensure you receive the latest information about business grants, please Sign up to our newsletter.
About the grant schemes
There are a number of different grant schemes operating.
Please take time to read through the information and FAQs before applying to ensure your application can be dealt with as quickly as possible.
Sign up to our newsletter to find out about future funding opportunities as they are launched.
Local Restrictions Support Grant
The Local Restrictions Support Grant is only for businesses who have a business rate account, where your premises are closed by national restrictions.
- A list of these restrictions can be found on GOV.UK - Information on national restrictions
- You may not actually pay rates due to receiving rate relief - you will still be eligible as long as you have an account.
- This scheme makes different levels of grant depending on which tier Wiltshire is in. You will be notified of each amount as it is awarded and will need to let us know if your circumstances change.
- Please take a look at the to familiarise yourself with how this will operate.
If you believe the above applies to you, and you have not applied for this scheme before (since November 2020), please apply at Local Restrictions Support Grant
Applications from 5 November 2020 - 16 February 2021 are now closed. For payments for the period of 16 February 2021 - 31 March 2021, applications close on 31 May 2021.
Additional Restrictions Support Grant
The Additional Restrictions Grant is for businesses without a business rate account, or for businesses who are affected, but not closed, by national restrictions.
The application window is now closed. Please sign up to our business newsletter to be notified about future rounds and future funding opportunities as they are launched.
For support and advice, please contact Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.
We have received reports of people having difficulty applying using Internet Explorer. Please apply via another browser. If you are still having problems, please email us at Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.